Welcome to the MUSC Proteogenomics Facility
The MUSC ProteoGenomics Facility offers a range of proteomics and genomics services to the MUSC research community as well as to outside academic and corporate researchers.
Proteomics related services include:
- Luminex bead array based cytokine and phosphoprotein analysis (i.e., Bio-plex)
- Surface plasmon resonance based protein interaction analysis (i.e., BIAcore)
Genomics related services include:
- Qualitative analysis of RNA (i.e., Agilent Lab-on-a-chip Bioanalyzer)
- DNA microarray based whole transcriptome and miRNA expression profiling, SNP and ChIP-Chip analysis
- Real time PCR
- Next generation sequencing (i.e., Ion Torrent PGM) for RNA-seq, resequencing and ChIP-seq applications
- Bioinformatics services for analysis of DNA microarray and next generation sequencing data and web-based archiving of data
- Cytogenetics microarray analysis (CytoScan® HD Cytogenetics)
The MUSC Proteogenomics Facility is supported through a combination of institutional funds, funds from NIH grants as well as fees for services rendered. Currently the facility is support by two NIH grants: 1) the NIH/NCRR South Carolina COBRE for Cardiovascular Disease (NIH/NCRR P20 RR016434), and 2) the South Carolina IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) (NIH/NCRR P20 RR16461).